Saturday, April 9, 2011

Deep Ellum Art Festival Spotlights

Last weekend I breezed through an art festival in Dallas, in the area known as Deep Ellum.

Though I didn't buy anything (isn't this economy doing such charming things to our pocket books?), I did grab a few cards from the artist/vendors that I thought were particularly unique.

Here are three artists that stuck out to me, examples of their work, and their websites:


1) David Pound.





2) Jeff:





3) Drew Mounce




Do give them a visit! They'll inspire your creativity and entertain your brain. 

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I have some photos I took in Deep Ellum last summer, but the photo people mucked 'em up. Will have to try again soon. Going to Dallas on Wednesday actually. I'll be back and forth up there for next few months. We must get together, dahhhhling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very cool! What are you doing around these parts? Theatre stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one the best so far!

    http://twentyheads.com/archive_detail.php?ImageID=375

    Signed, hobo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the heads were really cool, Hobo! They were pretty small, maybe the size of an egg, if that, and some looked like they were made out of playdough they were so colorful. I'm glad you like!

    ReplyDelete